How Web3 is Superior to Web2: Trikon as an Example
Web2 gaming refers to traditional online gaming, where games are played on centralized platforms and servers controlled by game developers. These games typically use client-server architectures, where the game client running on the player’s device communicates with the game server to receive updates and send input.
In Web2 gaming, players do not have true ownership of their in-game assets, and the game developer has complete control over the game’s rules, mechanics, and economy. Players must trust the game developer to maintain the integrity of the game and ensure that there is no cheating or fraud.
Web3 gaming, on the other hand, refers to a new generation of online gaming that leverages blockchain technology to create decentralized, trustless game environments. In Web3 gaming, the game logic and assets are stored on a blockchain, which is a distributed ledger that is maintained by a network of nodes.
Web3 games, also known as blockchain games, offer several advantages over traditional Web2 games. Here are a few reasons why Web3 games are considered superior to their Web2 counterparts:
- Ownership and control: In Web3 games, players have full ownership and control over their in-game assets. These assets are stored on the blockchain, which means they cannot be taken away or deleted by the game developer. In Web2 games, players do not own their assets and are at the mercy of the game developer.
- Transparency: Web3 games are transparent by design, thanks to the blockchain technology used to power them. All in-game transactions are recorded on the blockchain, which means they can be verified by anyone. This transparency helps to prevent fraud and cheating, which can be a problem in Web2 games.
- Interoperability: Web3 games are built on open standards that allow for interoperability between different games and platforms. This means that players can use their in-game assets in other games, and even trade them for real-world currency or other digital assets. This is not possible in Web2 games, which are often closed systems.
- Decentralization: Web3 games are decentralized, which means they are not controlled by a single entity. This makes them more resistant to censorship and less prone to downtime or outages. In Web2 games, a single point of failure can bring down the entire game.
- Incentives: Web3 games often offer incentives to players in the form of cryptocurrency or other digital assets. This gives players a tangible reward for playing the game, and can even allow them to earn a living by playing. In Web2 games, players may receive rewards in the form of in-game currency or items, but these are often limited in value and cannot be exchanged for real-world goods or services.
Overall, Web3 games offer a more immersive and rewarding experience for players, thanks to their ownership, transparency, interoperability, decentralization, and incentives. As blockchain technology continues to evolve, we can expect to see even more innovative Web3 games that push the boundaries of what is possible in gaming.
The Trikon Platform
Trikon, a platform that offers popular Web3 games, also provides the benefits of Web3 mentioned above. Trikon gives users of its platform the opportunity to earn from playing games, as they have ownership and control over their in-game assets. Trikon even has a vault that offers wallet solutions to users, creating wallets for easy storage and management of assets.
The games provided are decentralized, transparent, and interoperable. Trikon provides a marketplace for gamers to buy and sell in-game assets, giving them the opportunity to earn incentives from gaming.
With Trikon, there are many other features, one of which is communication between gamers and users of the marketplace.
Get on the Trikon platform to enjoy games such as:
- Panzerdogs, and
- World of Kyoudai
You can access the platform here: https://trikon.io/